A fully funded postdoctoral position is available in areas of mutual interest in deep neural networks/deep learning, including deep reinforcement learning (in simulation and/or with physical robots). The position is available immediately, but I am flexible regarding delayed starting dates.
Unfortunately the lab is full and I am not able to accept new PhD students at this time.
If you are interested in joining the lab, please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your CV (including a list of publications)
- Grade Point Averages (including a conversion to the US 4.0 scale)
- GRE scores (the percentile scores, not the raw scores)
- A list of references (their names, titles, institutions, and how you know them)
- A list of courses relevant to conducting research (e.g. courses in statistics, math, computer science, biology, etc.).
- A link to a video of yourself where you describe (a) your motivations for obtaining a Ph.D., (b) which of the above research areas particularly interest you, and (c) why you think our lab is the right fit for you. It is alright if you do not know what subject you want to study at this point, but it would help to get a better sense of your interests. The reason for it being a video is to assess your communication skills.
- Any other material you feel communicates your research background (e.g. videos of your projects).
Thanks for your interest in the lab. It is a fun, exciting place where you will have a lot of freedom to pursue cutting-edge research in the areas of artificial intelligence that you find fascinating.
About the University of Wyoming
The University of Wyoming is located in Laramie, a college town in the heart of the Rocky Mountain West. Nestled between two mountain ranges, Laramie has more than 300 days of sunshine a year and is home to year-round outdoor activities including hiking, camping, rock climbing, downhill skiing, cross-country skiing, fishing and mountain biking. Laramie is also near many of Colorado's major cities and university communities (Fort Collins: 1 hour; Boulder: 1.5 hours; Denver: 2 hours).
The University of Wyoming is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital, veteran or any other legally protected status.